Del Lago Resort & Casino Announces Opening Date
Posted on November 28th, 2016
–The Casino will Officially Open February 1, 2017–
Excitement for the new del Lago Resort & Casino has been building for more than a year. At 10 a.m. Wednesday, Feb. 1, 2017, the wait will be over as del Lago officially opens its casino doors to the public. After a ribbon cutting and brief press conference featuring del Lago Resort & Casino officials and local dignitaries who were instrumental in the $440 million project, del Lago will welcome hundreds of visitors from across the state and the region. Casino visitors will be among the first to enjoy the 2,000 slot machines and 85 gaming tables, including 10 poker tables. The milestone event marks the continued progress of the project, which has stayed on time and on budget.
“February first will be a day that so many people in the Finger Lakes region have been waiting for, and we are excited to officially announce our opening day,” said Jeff Babinski, executive vice president and general manager at del Lago. “Del Lago Resort & Casino will feature something for everyone — not just casino customers. From the time our guests arrive at del Lago Resort & Casino until the moment they leave, they will experience a world-class facility, warm and friendly customer service, amazing food and an environment that is like no other. Great things are worth the wait and we are excited to open our doors to the Finger Lakes community and beyond.”
In addition to the slot machines and gaming tables, also opening on Feb. 1 are:
- Portico by Fabio Viviani, offering diners a sophisticated take on old-world Italian-inspired foods and handmade pastas, as well as seafood, steaks and chops grilled over hardwood
- Farmer’s Market Buffet will offer diners locally sourced produce, fruits, dairy products and meats
- The Vine, a 2,400-person entertainment venue that will also serve as a separate restaurant/bar
- Centrifico, a bar/lounge area located in the center of the gaming floor
- Savor New York — MacKenzie-Childs at del Lago, a 2,000-square-foot store featuring MacKenzie-Childs and Jay Strongwater products, as well as a selection of special products produced by companies based in the Finger Lakes, including local wineries, breweries, spirits and cheesemakers
- A 4,200-square-foot food court with three restaurants, including Finger Lakes-based Ciccino’s Pizzeria & Paninoteca and locally-owned Smashburger and Moe’s Southwest Grill
Del Lago’s luxurious 205-room hotel, banquet facility and 12,000-square-foot spa will open in summer 2017.
Officials plan to announce additional grand-opening events and entertainment acts at The Vine in the coming weeks.
About del Lago Resort & Casino
The $440 million 205-room hotel, spa and casino will include a banquet facility, several restaurants, lounges, 2,500 person entertainment center and other world-class amenities. Del Lago Resort & Casino will feature Savor New York — MacKenzie-Childs at del Lago, a unique retail outlet where local vendors will bring the Finger Lakes region directly to del Lago patrons with MacKenzie-Childs products and a wide variety of local fruits, cheeses, baked goods, wines and beers, and other area specialties. The casino will feature 2,000 slot machines and 85 gaming tables, including 10 poker tables. Del Lago has created 1,800 construction jobs and 1,800 permanent jobs, and will generate more than $90 million annually for New York state and local governments. The resort and casino was awarded a New York State casino license in December 2015 and will open to the public on February 1, 2017. For more information, visit www.delLagoResort.com.